For those who love this season – that’s everybody, except that one Chandler Bing hating Thanksgiving type weirdo – here’s a simple recipe to even make your morning coffee taste like celebration!
8 tablespoons freshly ground mild roast coffee. We recommend The Flying Squirrel’s Aromatique; grind size 6.
1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 tablespoon sugar
4 cups water
1/2 cup chilled whipping cream
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1 tablespoon brandy
- Place ground coffee, cardamom, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in your coffee filter. Mix gently.
- Add water to the coffee maker and brew as you usually would.
- Divide coffee among 4 cups.
- To garnish, beat whipping cream in a large bowl to soft peaks.
- Add powdered sugar and brandy; beat to peaks.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream to each cup of coffee and serve immediately.
Merry Christmas from The Flying Squirrel!